Aquiles Project: the perfect complement for the recharge of the Emic System.
The Aquiles Project appeared as response to the multiple recharging possibilities offered by the Emic System. Although until now the majority of electric vehicles could only be recharged by connecting them to a recharge point, the introduction of the Emic System opens a wide range of possibilities when it comes to deciding which is the best option for charging the system at each moment, depending on the needs of the user and the vehicle.
The Aquiles Project was created with the intention of facilitating the use of two-wheel electric vehicles and similar ones, encouraging their commercialisation and trying to overcome the main problems for the mass implementation of electric vehicles on the consumer market.
- OBJECTIVE: development of a unified and standard system for the recharge of two-wheel electric vehicles and similar ones equipped with an EMIC System.
- COORDINATION: Ecomotive Innova.
- PARTICIPATING COMPANIES: SAFT Batteries (EMISA), INABENSA, JOFEMAR, TICNOVA.
- GEOGRAPHIC SCOPE: National.
- DEADLINE: FY. 2011/2012.
- MANAGEMENT AND STANDARDISATION MODES FOR THE RECHARGE OF EMIC SYSTEMS:
- Charger cabinets.
- User with his/her own desktop charger.
- Block recharging: connection of the vehicle to a power supply point.
Companies Participating in the Project
In this project, Ecomotive Innova has managed to bring together some of the leading companies of the sector. The effort of all the parties is the business muscle necessary to take the Aquiles Project to the highest levels. Project leader and owner of the patent system EMIC, appoints the various members and coordinates its main activities, plannings, etc.. and ensures the correct achievement of different milestones of the program.
- Ecomotive Innova, project leader and owner of the patent system EMIC, appoints the various members, coordinates its main activities, plannings, etc.. and ensures the correct achievement of different milestones of the program.
EMISA has been producing and commercialising for 50 years batteries for almost any specialised use and application, including those aimed at companies that produce and distribute electricity, gas, water, refineries, airports, telecommunications, railways, hospitals and all sorts of electric vehicles. Contributes to the project with the supply of cells for cartridges and the cartridges marketing and cabinets.
Founded in May of 1971, Jofemar started its activity with the application of superficial treatments (electrolyte baths), moving on nine years after, to the manufacturing and design of vending machines and payment systems, which is still currently works on. Nowadays, Jofemar has facilities with 52,000 built square metres, where all the processes are executed, from the design to the production of products, always supervised by the strictest quality controls and continuous improvement. Contributes to the project with the manufacture of structures and mechanical components of the cabinet charger from its factory in Peralta (Navarra).
Following Abengoa’s specialisation strategy, the company Instalaciones Inabensa, S.A. was constituted in 1994, concentrating the experience of more than 50 years in the field of industrial installations and infrastructures. Inabensa’s activity sectors include electrical, mechanical and instrumentation installation, transmission line construction, railway electrification, maintenance, thermal and acoustic protection, construction of industrial plants, communications, service concessions, manufacturing of capital assets and sea energies. Contributes to the project with the cartridges power board manufacturing and desktop chargers and charger electronics cabinets. Manufactured from Alcalá de Henares (Madrid)
- Leading national company in the distribution of computer material. Six offices in Reus, Alicante, Cerdanyola del Vallès, Madrid, Taiwan and China and its own factory (Reus) with capacity to produce up to 1,000 computers per day, as well as different technological products. Annual turnover: 190 million €. Employees: approx. 220. Contributes to the project with the assembly of all components of the cartridges: cells, cards inside the cartridge, quality control cell, connectors, and fatigue strength tests as well as logistics and customer service.